1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Visited Atlanta, drove more than 12 hours straight, had a long distance relationship that worked, got downsized.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make new year’s resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A couple of people, actually.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The south is a different country, right?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A stable job.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
to fall for me. It took a lot of skill.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing my book
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I don’t think so. I had a nasty fever one night.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I have no idea
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I…what? I have no idea.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Cheney family.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
You want me to recount all of them? No.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Regina Spektor - Fidelity
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Much happier.
ii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. Richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing. I’m closer to finishing my book than I’ll admit, and I need to start setting aside time to work on it.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Xmas Eve – Milwaukee – Dad’s Family
Xmas 2: Xmas – Louisville – Mom and sister
Xmas 3: The Day After – Louisville – Dad and his gf
Xmas 4: Xmas in Space – Louisville – Friends - Beers
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
If you don’t know the answer to this, you don’t pay attention
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
How I met Your Mother
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Oh hell….uhm….I have no idea. Lots of them.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Apathy and Celph Titled
27. What did you want and get?springreleased1
28. What did you want and not get?
A stable job situation.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
9 was good except for the moralizing.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
28. And I suited up with some friends and had fancy expensive drinks in a fancy famous place.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
33. What kept you sane?
Constant planning on how to take over the world. Regular ideas for creative release (most unrealized). springreleased1
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Attempted revolution in iran, obama election
36. Who did you miss?
I don’t know. I miss a lot of people around the country all the time, but I wouldn’t move or anything
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I think it might be springreleased1
, but if you have a better idea let me know.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
That it’s not in my control.
39. Song that sums up your year:
The Streets – Let’s Push Things Forward